Nunya's Only Talking About Lifting Thread (even dumbasses can join)

opinionator

Your press seems kinda low compared to your bench. You have shoulder issues?

My squat isn't great either. I ended up stopping doing them completely and switched to high volume leg presses with some other accessory work. My back is thankful, and I'm seeing growth in my legs again.

does everyone who works weightlifting in bodybuilding parameters have imbalances, shoulder impingements and back problems ? sure seems that way sometimes ... gee if only there were another way.

deep squat as resting position is the solution.

also see:

^ this doesnt look like much but the first time we did a circuit of cossacks and skaters i couldnt walk up stairs for days

Last edited:

Mirinquads

Staff member
You got some good routines for general leg flexiblity?

opinionator

and if you thought touch-butt in the park was unorthodox, check out this pack of monkeys

my favourite bit is when buddy guillotine chokes a 70lb hunk of clay in half. bro do you even wood-ball ?

NunyaBidness

Oddsb Poker Champ

This arrived yesterday. Fastest I've ever received a kickstarter product. Really decent build quality. First measurement had me about 4% points higher than I thought I was, which is unfortunately probably accurate. Guess I should do a bod-pod type thing to get something more accurate.

Going to use it every day for a couple weeks and see what sort of variance it has. The word is that is as accurate as the top-end methods, but sadly, I'm hoping its not. . .

Thought I was about 6 weeks to the end of my cut. . .

I miss fruity pebbles.

Mirinquads

Staff member
This arrived yesterday. Fastest I've ever received a kickstarter product. Really decent build quality. First measurement had me about 4% points higher than I thought I was, which is unfortunately probably accurate. Guess I should do a bod-pod type thing to get something more accurate.

Going to use it every day for a couple weeks and see what sort of variance it has. The word is that is as accurate as the top-end methods, but sadly, I'm hoping its not. . .

Thought I was about 6 weeks to the end of my cut. . .

I miss fruity pebbles.

Have you taken an actual test to figure out if it's really accurate? Would actually be very interested if it's somewhat accuarte

NunyaBidness

Oddsb Poker Champ
Second weigh-in has me 3% points higher than the last one. I'm guessing this thing isn't that accurate at all. Also gives you a reading for "muscle quality" which I'm not even sure what that means. But, even thought it says I have a shit ton of fat on my abs, the muscle quality is great! So, I guess my fat abs are doing just fine.

Just been doing the recommended 3 pt measurement (abs, triceps, quads), tomorrow going to measure the entire spectrum and see what comes of it.

Definitely disappointed in the purchase so far. Even my shitty bathroom scale with electrical impedance bodyfat measurement doesn't vary this much.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Maybe it measures the muscle density or some shit..

Mirinquads

Staff member
I wish I had his childbearing hips.. I bet he can squat 3plates easy

NunyaBidness

Oddsb Poker Champ
Yeah, his shoulder/hip ratio is wacky as hell.

I think mine should be pretty good when its not a shoulder/love handle ratio

Mirinquads

Staff member
Whats the verdict on the bodyfat measure thingy, nunz?

NunyaBidness

Oddsb Poker Champ
I dunno, I haven't had time to do the full measurement (pretty much every muscle). Just seems like it varies so much. Last reading, it said I was 3 % points higher than the first one, which there's no way on earth thats true. Comparing to various charts, I would estimate I'm at 20% right now, calipers have me at 18%, and this thing is saying 26.5% Currently 6' and 177lbs and I've put inches on every body part since starting. Just don't think this number is possible. I dunno, maybe its lack of waterweight since my glycogen stores are so depleted?

All the reviews I can find of it are extremely positive tho.

Moretti

Lack of waterweight shouldn't drive up your bodyfat % when measuring at single points. Almost no way you're 26.5 % at 6ft 177lbs if what you posted in this thread is even halfway accurate. It's probably either the way you're handling it (variation in the spots you're measuring, maybe some different mode that can be turned on at the skulpt chisel etc.) or the thing just sucks.
The latter would at least make me stop being jealous..