Let's play some Gaimz

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Offtopic while we wait... Wtf is up with that little Nintendo throw back they recently released. Why is it so popular?
Im not up to speed.

Isnt it old school atari graphics ?

ezflyer

Offtopic while we wait... Wtf is up with that little Nintendo throw back they recently released. Why is it so popular?
Im not up to speed.

Isnt it old school atari graphics ?

it's old school NES graphics, =P

PSUMike

Just checked last night and I'm @ 87 hours into Witcher 3. The DLC is awesome. I haven't left Toussaint in a while because there is so much to do there. Up to level 44 now.

ezflyer

Just checked last night and I'm @ 87 hours into Witcher 3. The DLC is awesome. I haven't left Toussaint in a while because there is so much to do there. Up to level 44 now.

Guess you ended up liking the game!

I actually have played a ton more now in my 2nd play thru... Well into novigrade now. Its the best rpg ever.

I forget, is it recommended to beat the main story prior to either or both dlc? I never finished it in play thru #1, so I don't want spoilers

ezflyer

mmmm

ezflyer

Deus ex mankind divided is incredible.

Yea I love it. Stopped about a month and a half ago, just got side-tracked. I'll get back to it sooner or later.. just loving mgs5 and witcher3 on second playthroughs.. my two favorite games in years. I know you alrdy know that

I decided to play some ff15 last night for first time, tho, instead of my usual Sunday night Witcher routine

So far so good. Like Deus ex, the lip-syncing is terrible (but this one's prolly cause of localization (lack thereof))

It's a pretty game. Still sinking my teeth into it. Too early to give impressions. Tho my first reaction is that, so far, not liking the battle system. I like having more control of my party in games. But we'll see.

marzwoody

Yea I love it. Stopped about a month and a half ago, just got side-tracked. I'll get back to it sooner or later.. just loving mgs5 and witcher3 on second playthroughs.. my two favorite games in years. I know you alrdy know that

I decided to play some ff15 last night for first time, tho, instead of my usual Sunday night Witcher routine

So far so good. Like Deus ex, the lip-syncing is terrible (but this one's prolly cause of localization (lack thereof))

It's a pretty game. Still sinking my teeth into it. Too early to give impressions. Tho my first reaction is that, so far, not liking the battle system. I like having more control of my party in games. But we'll see.
I haven't completed it yet, slowly getting there. keep getting sidetracked too

ezflyer

I haven't completed it yet, slowly getting there. keep getting sidetracked too

Yea I always do all side quests, etc.. and break into every house and every locked safe, etc hehe. You find the huge vault yet? With the key cards to open the 3 mega vaults?

Btw, In the prior Deus ex, I always 'banked' all of my gear in Jensen's apartment... Scattered on the floor... So I was doing it in this one, too...But at one point, Prague changes entirely.. it becomes nighttime.. tons of cops everywhere etc... (And when it did, they deleted all of the gear from the apartment, lol. So be aware.

ezflyer

none of you have VR yet, right?

just got "werewolves within" - game is a freakin riot. i was in tears laughing. you all sit in a circle and have limited emotes you can do, everyone gets assigned random roles and you have to vote on who the werewolf(ves) are, while they and possible teammates are working against you. games are over in a few mins

the matchmaking can get buggy so far, but this is my favorite VR experience yet. would die to play it with some friends, but i don't know anyone who has VR, lol :/

^^ gameplay example. NSFW.

Last edited:

ezflyer

final fantasy 15..

i kind of hate the game so far. i'm level 13. i have played maybe.. 8 hours? maybe 7?

i don't get the world whatsoever. it's barren wastelands.. with a few random diners with modern(ish) people acting like there's no care in the world. then you have the main city which i've only really seen in cutscenes, and it's crazy fantasy and mega advanced civilization. then you have these ridiculous monsters just roaming around right outside of these gas station/diner stops. i don't get it at all.

i also, admittedly, have just grown apart from Japanese culture. i used to think it was the coolest thing back in the 90's etc. they had the best technology, they got video games first, i loved oldschool Final fantasy games..

the dialogue is so freakin cheesy and terribly acted. the lip syncing is also non-existent.

don't like the combat system, either. all you do is warp strike around and melee things, while having minimal-to-no control over your 3 teammates. (i like games where you can control all of your characters).

the amount of time running from place to place (and/or driving) is mind-numbing, too. you just sprint for 60+ seconds at a time, it's incredibly dull.

this one's not for me. i'm pretty much done with it (unless anyone can convince me to give it another shot, like, if the game changes drastically in chapter 3 onwards, etc)

ezflyer

Yea. I quit ffxv. It's a terrible game. Legitimately. It's bad.

ezflyer

werewolves within.. this game is amazing. i can't stop playing it. just did another 7 hour session (and i work in a few hours, i'm screwed). most fun i've had playing games in ... i don't even know how long. if you have VR, get it. especially if you get a cool group of people in the quick match / know people / etc.

you'll laugh your ass off constantly. and it is super interesting how you have to commit to evil / good / selfish roles every game, fast and furious. soooo satisfying when you figure out what the bad guys are up to or if you fool the townsfolk if you're on team wrewolf.

marzwoody

Yea I always do all side quests, etc.. and break into every house and every locked safe, etc hehe. You find the huge vault yet? With the key cards to open the 3 mega vaults?

Btw, In the prior Deus ex, I always 'banked' all of my gear in Jensen's apartment... Scattered on the floor... So I was doing it in this one, too...But at one point, Prague changes entirely.. it becomes nighttime.. tons of cops everywhere etc... (And when it did, they deleted all of the gear from the apartment, lol. So be aware.
I'm the same. I'm a bit annoyed a had to leave some side quests behind as the city is on lockdown. too much of a hassle getting around with police everywhere.