Bellator 155 - Carvalho vs Manhoef

Discussion in 'Gambling and Betting Forum' started by ezflyer, May 15, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 05-20-16
  1. ezflyer

ezflyer Moderator Staff Member

2. ezflyer

lol. manhoef loses 2 of 3 in bellator. gets titleshot. mmk.

3. ezflyer

Bellator Fighting Money Line Total Points
    Bellator 155 - Middleweight 5 rounds - CenturyLink Arena Boise, Idaho - SpikeTv

Fri 5/20 3001 Melvin Manhoef +190 o1½ +150
    11:00PM 3002 Rafael Carvalho -270 u1½ -190
    Bellator 155 - Featherweight 3 rounds - CenturyLink Arena Boise, Idaho - SpikeTv
    Fri 5/20 3101 Georgi Karakhanyan +160 o2½ -230
    10:30PM 3102 Pat Curran -210 u2½ +170
    Bellator 155 - Heavyweight 3 rounds - CenturyLink Arena Boise, Idaho - SpikeTv
    Fri 5/20 3201 Dan Charles +200 o1½ -150
    10:00PM 3202 Augusto Sakai -280 u1½ +110
    Bellator 155 - Heavyweight 3 rounds - CenturyLink Arena Boise, Idaho - SpikeTv
    Fri 5/20 3301 Joey Beltran +135 o2½ -130
    9:30PM 3302 Chase Gormley -175 u2½ -110
    Bellator 155 - Featherweight 3 rounds - CenturyLink Arena Boise, Idaho - SpikeTv
    Fri 5/20 3401 Alexis Dufresne +325 o2½ -140
    9:00PM 3402 Marloes Coenen -475 u2½ +100
    Bellator 155 - Lightweight 3 rounds - CenturyLink Arena Boise, Idaho - SpikeTv
    Fri 5/20 3501 Dave Jansen +125 o2½ -190
    6:30PM 3502 Marcin Held -165 u2½ +150

4. Mirinquads

Mirinquads Active Member Staff Member

Hit Jansen at +160

5. ezflyer

Played Dufresne - Coenen u2.5 +100

Dufresne short notice , had baby, gonna gas badly imo

Also honestly ok with -270 carvalho

Sad held didn't open even $ or curran

6. ezflyer

I'm on the other side here (not yet)

I'm confident held's takedowns have improved enough

7. ezflyer

I go tobet Jansen held o2.5 -190... and it moves to -230

Damnitttt

I'm on held now tho, -150. Absolutely think hes improved more od the two since the first fight. Standup, wrestling and cardio. Easily favoring held here

8. ezflyer

seriously what the hell is with coker / bellator?

held-jansen II is an amazing fight. it's the two last guys who fought brooks for the belt before he just vacated it. and not only are they not a main event over some of the GARBAGE fights we've seen in bellator main cards... but they're not even ON the main card... they're not even televised. they're only at spike.com

what the hell!?!?!?

9. ezflyer

curran down to -150, i'm in.

georgi is good, but pat is the better striker and the better wrestler. georgi is gonna get frustrated and i think this looks a LOT like georgi vs weichel did.

10. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

Carvalho/Manhoef is a title fight so it makes sense that is the main event. Maybe Jansen/Held II is the featured fight of the prelim stream like the UFC has a Fight Pass main event. I'm pretty happy with the card overall and watching beginning to end anyway, so the order or if one good fight gets relegated to the prelims doesn't really bug me personally. Might annoy the fighters and their sponsors though.

11. ezflyer

don't try to make excuses for them, this shit is insane. it should be a 5 round titlefight. they're the two best guys they have at 155. (yea yea, including chandler, i guess). both of them just fought brooks for the belt and lost 5 round decisions. they should be moved to a different event and be main event. this shit's insanely stupid

12. ezflyer

man, why is beltran going all the way back to HW? he just fought kendall grove less than a year ago at 185... what about just going to 205 if you think the cut is taking a lot out of you?

13. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

That would be a good bout for the now vacant lightweight title. I think they announced Chandler is fighting at Bellator 157. Not sure who his opponent is if they determined it yet or what they intend to do for the belt.

Also I just played the over in the Beltran fight, he's tough enough to last 2½ rounds either winning or losing.

14. ezflyer

yea, i think that goes all 3 rounds. gormley isn't much of a finisher. he went 25 mins and was pretty light on his feet vs madsen in titan (not the best fight, lol)

15. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

Also, you convinced me on Curran. I managed to play the odds, with Georgi at +160 first and then Curran to -150 to get a net of -140 on Curran to win 1u.

16. ezflyer

people talk about curran's depression stuff, but it's never really happened much in the cage. he took his foot off the gaspedal the first fight with straus after the groinshot, and gave away the 5th round (when it turns out he would've won the fight if he won that round).. but i mean, look at the next fight with straus. he dug DEEP and got the tap in the end of the 5th round.

it's not like he's been getting blown out by bums. he's lost to pitbull, weichel, and straus. the unquestionably best three other guys in bellator at 145. and he's beaten a couple of them, too. he was competitive with alvares even at 155. and he's only 28, still.

in fact, i'd say georgi's suffering from something that affects him IN the cage more than pat. he looks SCARED to strike. he fights like a trex on the feet sometimes. it's not just short arms, it's lack of commitment. we saw it against weichel. i think it looks similar here. and look at that damned rick glenn fight. he was petrified of glenn on the feet (huge reach disadvantage, but still). he was going nuts to try to get it to the floor and then turtled up and quit when he couldn't get glenn down. maybe georgi just doesn't do well against bigger/longer talented dudes. curran's right there.

17. ezflyer

juice reduction #1 just hit across all 6 fights

surprised no one is betting carvalho.. now at -250... i mean, the dude is super careful out there.. not even sure if i remember him being hurt much in any fight.. sure, manhoef is dangerous, but that chin is so sketchy and i don't think he can last too long in a 5 rounder..

18. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

Coenen + Carvalho parlay at -150 to win 1u.

19. ezflyer

parlaying carvalho with the overs in the jansen-held fight and the curran-georgi fight. both times it pays evens.

20. JimGunn

JimGunn Active Member

I like those too, EZ. Added a half unit on each. I have about 4u total on Carvalho now.