UFC 237 Namajunas vs Andrade

JustBleedFan

Staff member

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Why is Volk ( My fellow Aussie ) +100? I like him in this. Especially Live. 3 rounds favours Aldo but Volk has the pace to slow down Aldo.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
On Andrade here

Ive flip flopped multiple times on that fight. Rose is such a head case, being in brazil doesnt help that at all.

Still, dog or pass for me at these odds. I loved Andrade at opening dog odds originally.

Beelzebubzy

Ive flip flopped multiple times on that fight. Rose is such a head case, being in brazil doesnt help that at all.

Still, dog or pass for me at these odds. I loved Andrade at opening dog odds originally.
i got andrade at +110

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Any thoughts on the recent heat on EPO and Volkan's odds shifting?

punisherind

Foundation Member
I would like to know what's up with aldos knee. Apparently he was in bad shape a month ago and was thinking of pulling out. Too much pressure to stay on Brazil card though.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
I would like to know what's up with aldos knee. Apparently he was in bad shape a month ago and was thinking of pulling out. Too much pressure to stay on Brazil card though.
I read a translation of Aldo's comments about his knee. It was a cut on the skin that got infected not a serious internal knee injury. He was back training a week or so later, so it should not be a factor at all. Here it is below:

“I was training wrestling on Monday, and when I shot a double leg, I had a small cut on my knee and a bacteria got inside of it. On the following the day I woke up with my knee very swollen, it was hurting a lot so I started taking antibiotics. The first one didn’t worked, but the second did. Then, I had a procedure, to take all of the remaining bacteria out of my knee. Now, I’m better. Next week, with the bless of god I will be back to my normal intense training routine.”

punisherind

Foundation Member
Early prices aren't reliable though. That's mostly 5dimes moving on tiny limits. He was never better than +100 at pinny. Seems like pretty even 2 way action imo.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Speaking of Aldo and his opponent Volkanovski, I think these comments from another forum about the latter's last win over Mendes are also pretty interesting:

"I know Mendes personally and can tell you his comeback was half hearted at best. He was one of the few guys at alpha male who never really enjoyed fighting. Even in his prime he would never train if he didn’t have a fight. He showed up for training camps and that’s it. He did it solely for the money. He got away with it because he was a freak athlete and as you all know, on stuff. He started a business that he really loves. When he was suspended he never trained once! He came back to see if he could make some quick cash and that’s the truth. Several guys told me he was training half ass for the jury fight. His retirement after his first loss was not surprising at all. I’m not saying volk isn’t tough, I’m saying he fought a shell of what we remember Mendes being. Personally, I see volk as a slightly worse version of prime Mendes."

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of Aldo and his opponent Volkanovski, I think these comments from another forum about the latter's last win over Mendes are also pretty interesting:

"I know Mendes personally and can tell you his comeback was half hearted at best. He was one of the few guys at alpha male who never really enjoyed fighting. Even in his prime he would never train if he didn’t have a fight. He showed up for training camps and that’s it. He did it solely for the money. He got away with it because he was a freak athlete and as you all know, on stuff. He started a business that he really loves. When he was suspended he never trained once! He came back to see if he could make some quick cash and that’s the truth. Several guys told me he was training half ass for the jury fight. His retirement after his first loss was not surprising at all. I’m not saying volk isn’t tough, I’m saying he fought a shell of what we remember Mendes being. Personally, I see volk as a slightly worse version of prime Mendes."

Thanks Jim. Interesting.

"Personally, I see volk as a slightly worse version of prime Mendes.""

I agree with the above as well.