UFC on Fox 31 Iaquinta vs Lee II

JustBleedFan

Staff member

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Al Iaquinta is far too big of an underdog to Kevin Lee in this rematch. Al won the first fight and looked good in his sporadic appearances since then, so I have to hit Al at +260.

Same for Edson Barboza as a +105 underdog to Dan Hooker. Hooker looks impressive and much improved lately but not sure Edson should be an underdog to him at this point, Hooker hasn't beaten someone with Edson's kicking game or experience.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
That was a rough night out for barboza last time. Big question mark on how he rebounds from that one. Hooker or pass for me.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
That was a rough night out for barboza last time. Big question mark on how he rebounds from that one. Hooker or pass for me.
Assuming he was beaten so badly by Khabib that he'll fight scared after all his fighting experience or be physically or mentally diminished as a result of that fight doesn't make sense to me at least. Not like he got knocked out cold. He took time off and I have to assume he'll be hungry to win and look good. That's the way I look at it- don't treat him like he is ruined for good until you see it.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
I bet Rob Font at -155. He's taller and better striker than Sergio Pettis who moved up in weight for this bantamweight matchup and Sergio doesn't present some elite wrestling threat to break up Rob's rhythm either.

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Jim Miller has been subbed only twice in his long career, but long ago and I don't recall if he got stunned first by Mike Chiesa or Nate Diaz .I will back him, 2u at +240 here against Charles Oliveira. I believed him when he said that he's feeling better from the Lyme disease and I think he has a chance to win by KO sub or decision if Do Bronx doesn't submit him.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Assuming he was beaten so badly by Khabib that he'll fight scared after all his fighting experience or be physically or mentally diminished as a result of that fight doesn't make sense to me at least. Not like he got knocked out cold. He took time off and I have to assume he'll be hungry to win and look good. That's the way I look at it- don't treat him like he is ruined for good until you see it.

His last fight was against Kevin.

The khabib one was bad, Kevin was even worse.
Hooker pre small , hooker live. (Imho).

JustBleedFan

Staff member
UFC on Fox 31 totals out and I like:

Adams/De La Rocha Under 1½ -175
Ige/Griffin Under 2½ -115
Grant/Ottow Under 1½ +120
Miller/Oliveira Over 1½ +100
Silva/Gordon Under 2½ +155

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Main event fighters are both good, don't think it ends early. Added to the other totals I already mentioned: Al Iaquinta/Kevin Lee Over 2½ -105

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Props of the card: Jim Miller recovered from Lyme disease and looking good last fight vs dangerous submission fighter but known quitter Charles Oliveira. If Do Bronx doesn't get that first round submission he always looks for, then expect New Jersey's finest Jim Miller to turn it around and finish Oliveira by KO or submission: Jim Miller ITD +426, Jim Miller in round 2 +1025 and Jim Miller in round 3 +1700.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
Props of the card: Jim Miller recovered from Lyme disease and looking good last fight vs dangerous submission fighter but known quitter Charles Oliveira. If Do Bronx doesn't get that first round submission he always looks for, then expect New Jersey's finest Jim Miller to turn it around and finish Oliveira by KO or submission: Jim Miller ITD +426, Jim Miller in round 2 +1025 and Jim Miller in round 3 +1700.

CO definitely a front runner. Miller slows down in all of his recent fights.
Would of loved to see a longer fight with white to be sure.

In saying that, I like the plays. Dog or pass for sure.

Will

Administrator
Staff member

Fwiw, Jim doesnt exactly say he has recovered from Lyme disease.
Have you seen or read something since this was posted ? (Sep 2018)

JustBleedFan

Staff member
Fwiw, Jim doesnt exactly say he has recovered from Lyme disease.
Have you seen or read something since this was posted ? (Sep 2018)
He talked about how he was feeling much better and like himself again since he got the symptoms of Lyme under control in the post-fight interview after the Alex White victory, September 8th, 2018.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
rob font look a little rough at weigh ins ? and weighed in with a shirt on? Hiding something?

Oli weighed 152 but looked fine.

Mirinquads

Staff member
Font, Barb, Smith, Hermannsson