Let's play some Gaimz

ezflyer

Anyone here into hard core board games? Terra Mystics? Agricola? Twilight Struggle?

Yes, I have amassed a pretty huge collection

Have hundreds of hours on tabletop simulator, too.

marzwoody

hidden wall before the pvp boss (and obviously therefore before gael)

go down the path from the pvp boss, the one you originally came up -- go into that first room w/the fountain.. there's a hidden wall.. it has an elevator. if you ride the elevator all the way up, you can unlock the gate by the "ringed inner city" bonfire (think that's the name of the bonfire) -- and then go back down the elevator and walk off halfway down (the usual elevator hidden path thing) -- and there's a ladder that takes you down to an altar... then drop down to fight (and get your butt kicked) by darkeater midir

i expect a report :)
Finally beat Gael!!! oh and fuck midir lol

ezflyer

Finally beat Gael!!! oh and fuck midir lol

Awesome gj ;)

How many times did you try midir? I fuckin hate him so much. Spins out of the range of everything, such random behavior, hits so hard

marzwoody

Awesome gj ;)

How many times did you try midir? I fuckin hate him so much. Spins out of the range of everything, such random behavior, hits so hard
Brah I haven't even beat him as a dragon on the bridge his life bar is massive. fuck that boss optional anyway, I'm done with dark souls :)

ezflyer

Brah I haven't even beat him as a dragon on the bridge his life bar is massive. fuck that boss optional anyway, I'm done with dark souls :)

You didn't try him at all?

ezflyer

No I don't use spells or arrows so not sure how I can kill him on the bridge

you don't fight him on the bridge, read my post a couple posts up

it'll take you 5 mins to get there and you'll loot some stuff you haven't seen before

you owe it to yourself to at least fight him once, see the biggest/baddest boss in dark souls history

marzwoody

you don't fight him on the bridge, read my post a couple posts up

it'll take you 5 mins to get there and you'll loot some stuff you haven't seen before

you owe it to yourself to at least fight him once, see the biggest/baddest boss in dark souls history
Went there couldn't go through fogwall, someone else told me have to kill dragon?

ezflyer

Went there couldn't go through fogwall, someone else told me have to kill dragon?

ah on the bridge.. gotcha. didn't know that was a requirement. that is easy, just a gimmick thing, like has been done 10x in souls games previously.

the actual boss fight is thru that fog wall afterwards

ezflyer

What's your favs?

Lords of waterdeep is our personal favorite amongst a couple of us.. it's worker placement, not terribly complex.. but I've played 50+ games, easily.

We've been into dead of winter lately. Very fun game. Tons of laughs.

Spartacus whenever I get together with my boys in jersey (every few months)... Great game.

I love stuff like fury of Dracula but have only ever gotten to play it once irl.. :( plenty of play on tabletop simulator, tho.

You?

TheCalculator

Lords of waterdeep is our personal favorite amongst a couple of us.. it's worker placement, not terribly complex.. but I've played 50+ games, easily.

We've been into dead of winter lately. Very fun game. Tons of laughs.

Spartacus whenever I get together with my boys in jersey (every few months)... Great game.

I love stuff like fury of Dracula but have only ever gotten to play it once irl.. :( plenty of play on tabletop simulator, tho.

You?
Don't know any of those.

I love all the games made by ZMan. Terra Mystica is great. Enjoy Agricola also.

ezflyer

Napes21

i've been trying, myself

most of my gaming time has been replaying bloodborne and dark souls and stuff w/a buddy

i played 120+ hours of witcher 3 on my gog account and stopped just before the ending.. but i got it again on steam cause i don't feel like running GOG & i'm pretty far into skellige right now on my 2nd playthru.. it's just so goddamned great.. just love the world, love the characters (besides dandelion). wish there was more sigi reuven... he's like my fave.

iorveth was so fuckin cool in witcher 2.. i don't get why no iorveth in witcher 3.. we get some vernan roche stuff but no iorveth.. it's weak!

p.s. don't tell me if he appears in either of the witcher 3 dlc's (iorveth) -- i wanna be surprised if he does

I'm not too deep into the main story on Blood & Wine (been doing all the side shit) but I must say it is probably my favorite non-main-story part of the game so far. Enemies can actually be a little challenging, the setting is gorgeous (definitely the best landscape I think), the Tousseant (sp?) palace is dope, etc. - - I'd say its worth it if you enjoyed the earlier parts of the game. There are some cool twists in the gameplay.

ezflyer

I'm not too deep into the main story on Blood & Wine (been doing all the side shit) but I must say it is probably my favorite non-main-story part of the game so far. Enemies can actually be a little challenging, the setting is gorgeous (definitely the best landscape I think), the Tousseant (sp?) palace is dope, etc. - - I'd say its worth it if you enjoyed the earlier parts of the game. There are some cool twists in the gameplay.

i'm almost there hehe. i'm like 80ish hours into the 2nd playthru.. i'm gathering allies for kaer morhen, finishing all lower level sidequests/contracts/etc, hehe.

i'm anxious to get there. but i'll finish out the main storyline first this time (and i'll do hearts of stone first)

ezflyer

I got Wolfenstein on a bit of a whim.. holy shit. This game is fucking incredible. The story, wowwwww. And apparently Wolfenstein 2 is even better. Can't fuckin wait, lol.

I haven't played a shooter in ages, not really my genre.. but maaaan this is fucking good

ezflyer

did something i haven't done in ages, haha, marathon'd a game in a couple sittings.

wolfenstein: the new order = 9/10 easily. story was fantastic. game just lots of fun.

wolfenstein: the old blood = 6/10 at best. i'm so bored after 2 hours of mowing down waves and waves of nazi's. no story to speak of, just more of their engine and all combat. boring. i'm done w/it.

wolfenstein 2 is next, fuck the old blood.