Odds and Ends to comfort the gamblers

BoxScout

I got raped by Trump in the primaries. Took a hit in the general. I'm not happy he won, independently of that.

But this, from Lena Dunham, almost makes it all worth while.

PSUMike

Even if I agree with them, there are certain people who are just so fucking arrogant and self-absorbed that I just can't stand them. She's one of them. Amy Schumer is another. In the political realm, it's Rachel Maddow. I didn't want Trump to win more than any of them. But, I have to admit, seeing their reactions is pretty hysterical. You'd swear Trump was mobilizing the homo-Gestapo as we speak.

Will

Administrator
Staff member
FWIW, here is my USD 2021 total to date. The flat spots are bets that have not settled.

Happy to say that after digging myself a hole (just playing out the last death throes of the very loose betting I started to engage in at the end of 2020) , i'm now out of the hole.

Its important to show people, that we all go through bad runs and assuming you have been doing this for long enough and have a historically profitable track record, its probably not you. Its most likely variance and an unlucky patch.

Even though I haven't had a losing year since 2012, I still get lost in my thoughts when I am on a dry run. However variance always smooths itself out over time and with proper bank roll management ( which i personally believe is either the most important thing or right up there in top 3 ) we get to see that dry spell through to the other end and reap those rewards.

1613108883683.png

I wanted to post this now before the positive number got too obnoxious. Its easy to post big profit numbers, a bit more humbling to post not so good numbers ;)

Will

Administrator
Staff member
1690771196706.png

Not feeling happy, sad or angry. Thats been me for years. I thought this was normal. Or perhaps even a sort-after quality like stocisim. Lol.