Movie thread!

ezflyer

idk, cause why not!

so they can be totally crap movies that you just love, they can be masterpieces that are just perfectly made. they can be duds, they can be oscar winners.. whatever.

what are your five favorite movies?

ezflyer

in no particular order

-total recall (original)
-the fifth element
-the usual suspects
-Big Trouble in Little China
-willow

honorable mentions:
-star wars V - the empire strikes back
-star trek: into darkness
-pulp fiction
-X2
-the dark knight

my list is subject to change if someone reminds me one i like better.

Vaughany

in no particular order

-total recall (original)
-the fifth element
-the usual suspects
-Big Trouble in Little China
-willow

honorable mentions:
-star wars V - the empire strikes back
-star trek: into darkness
-pulp fiction
-X2
-the dark knight

my list is subject to change if someone reminds me one i like better.

hahah awesome! Warwick Davis at his finest!

ezflyer

I saw that series on TV :)

Will

Administrator
Staff member
O man..... top 5 ever is rough...Surely this isnt my top 5, but when i cast my mind back these spring to mind as some good ones from yesteryear.

Excalibur

Warlock

Falling Down

Trapped in purple haze

Braveheart

I loved big trouble in little china, in the same vien, The golden child was also a good one.

Sooooo many good movies.

NunyaBidness

Oddsb Poker Champ
Tough to come up with a list of top 5 movies for me, it'd probably be different every day.

So, I'll list my Top 5 most watched films.

1) The Royal Tenenbaums
2) Barcelona
3) Love and Death
4) Annie Hall
5) The Thin Red Line (Malick version)

Vaughany

IN BRUGES
HEAT
SCARFACE
CARLITOS WAY
25th HOUR

HONOURABLE MENTIONS:

INFERNAL AFFAIRS
OWNING MAHOWNY
AMERICAN HISTORY X
END OF WATCH
NIGHTCRAWLER
POINT BREAK
PRIMAL FEAR
LEON
WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU
HIGHWAY
LOST BOYS
MONEYBALL
THE TOWN
SNATCH
LOCK STOCK
BLOW
THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES BY THE COWARD JIBBBEH
ROLE MODELS
THE LINCOLN LAWYER
FIGHT CLUB
INTO THE WILD
GLADIATOR
DRIVE
SLEEPERS
THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS

ezflyer

vaughany:
in bruges is that good? never saw it, some british crime thingy? with collin farrel etc?

naked gambler:
srsly on taken 2 and 3? like they just hit the spot for you?

sbjj

Schindlers list...

seems like an easy pick but this was a rare picture that actually captured the moment in time perfectly. And showed how truly horrifying this part of world history was.

collateral...severely underrated film. Easily best Cruise performance imo. The exchanges between Fox and cruise are great. Had to have a Mann fim in here.

the prestige... had to have a Nolan film, and memento was first choice. But if I'm being honest, this is my favorite Nolan film. But probably his least liked by the masses.

the machinist...bales performance alone. Nuff said.

the fisher king....if u have not seen it. U should.

Vaughany

vaughany:
in bruges is that good? never saw it, some british crime thingy? with collin farrel etc?

naked gambler:
srsly on taken 2 and 3? like they just hit the spot for you?
I think Md is ''taking the piss'' as we say over here!

In Bruges is one of the greatest movies ever made my friend... it's dark satirical comedy... Colin Farrell, Ralph Fiennes, and Brendan Gleeson are terrific in it. I've never heard anybody say they didnt love it!

Vaughany

Schindlers list...

seems like an easy pick but this was a rare picture that actually captured the moment in time perfectly. And showed how truly horrifying this part of world history was.

collateral...severely underrated film. Easily best Cruise performance imo. The exchanges between Fox and cruise are great. Had to have a Mann fim in here.

the prestige... had to have a Nolan film, and memento was first choice. But if I'm being honest, this is my favorite Nolan film. But probably his least liked by the masses.

I had HEAT in my top 5 list brah! The greatest Michael Mann film!

sbjj

IN BRUGES
HEAT
SCARFACE
CARLITOS WAY
25th HOUR

HONOURABLE MENTIONS:

INFERNAL AFFAIRS
OWNING MAHOWNY
AMERICAN HISTORY X
END OF WATCH
NIGHTCRAWLER
POINT BREAK
PRIMAL FEAR
LEON
WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU
HIGHWAY
LOST BOYS
MONEYBALL
THE TOWN
SNATCH
LOCK STOCK
BLOW
THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES BY THE COWARD JIBBBEH
ROLE MODELS
THE LINCOLN LAWYER
FIGHT CLUB
INTO THE WILD
GLADIATOR
DRIVE
SLEEPERS
THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS

Excellent list man. Just watched point break again. People do not remember how F'n good that movie is. Bigellow is a fine director. Check out near dark.

Vaughany

yeah Bigelow is excellent. I actually watched Near Dark quite recently for first time - Bill Paxton great in it!

Cant believe they are doing a Point Break remake with Luke friggin Bracey playing Johny Utah! I think Ray WInstone is gonna be in it as well (lol) !! Whats the fuuckin point! Gonna be a big flop!

Vaughany

Schindlers list...

yee Fisher King is superb. You actually reminded me of another Williams film that is very underrated - One Hour Photo. Was never a big fan of Robin Williams comedy or anything but he was amazing in that film playing the creepy loner role.

Last edited:

marzwoody

You seem to like the same kind of films i like V. somehow i have never seen In Bruges. so i should get on that.

The assassination of JJ is an excellent film. Casey Affleck is great. way better actor then his brother IMO.

NunyaBidness

Oddsb Poker Champ
In Bruges is a terrific film.

Fisher King is good, but if you're going to watch a Gilliam film, it ought to be Brazil.

I think Md is ''taking the piss'' as we say over here!

In Bruges is one of the greatest movies ever made my friend... it's dark satirical comedy... Colin Farrell, Ralph Fiennes, and Brendan Gleeson are terrific in it. I've never heard anybody say they didnt love it!

You know me too well, V. All three of those films are equally terrible.

More seriously, off the top of my head, I'd single out the following:
Mulholland Drive, which is the most terrifying film ever made and it's not even a horror
American Beauty
Oldboy
The Seventh Seal
Dunno about a fifth... maybe Ikiru, Taxi Driver, or Leon.